Healthy Hub provides Coronavirus support in North Herts
North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC) has tailored its Healthy Hub service to provide residents with information, advice and support in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This will include how to:
- stay mentally well and physically active whilst staying at home
- access essential items such as food and medication
- receive financial support
- entertain and engage children
- stay socially connected
- volunteer your help
Residents can contact the Healthy Hub by calling the hotline on 01462 474111 which is open from Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Alternatively, send an email to: email@example.com or visit the website: www.healthyhubnorthherts.co.uk
Cllr Judi Billing, NHDC’s Executive Member for Community Engagement said: “It’s a really worrying time for everyone, so please remember that if you need help, you are not alone. The knowledgeable Healthy Hub team can offer tips and advice about how to cope, direct you towards any support you may need and let you know how you can volunteer to help others, so do get in touch with them and they will be very happy to help”.
For information about how NHDC is helping to support residents and businesses and for updates on any disruption to Council services go to www.north-herts.gov.uk/home/emergency-planning/coronavirus-covid-19
- Please note residents who have a medical condition which makes them extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19) will have received a letter from the NHS. This will entitle them to accessing support services from Government. These individuals will be required to register and tell Government whether they need support. Further information can be found here www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
- Residents not deemed extremely vulnerable but who are self-isolating and in need of support from volunteers can visit www.hertshelp.net, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044
- If you would like to help your community at this time, TeamHerts is leading the response across Hertfordshire and is in need of support from volunteers. Residents, services and community groups who would like to volunteer can visit www.thvolunteering.org.uk or call Herts Help on 0300 123 4044.
Join our Facebook Group ‘Engage North Herts’: